Thursday, April 01, 2004

Tom Cruise on Scientology


I just found this interview with Tom Cruise about his movie "The Last Samurai". The full interview is here: Cinema Confidential News. And here is the extract about Scientology:

"Q: [Your character’s arc in this film] seems like a search for inner piece. With your star status, have you been able to find that or are you still searching?"

"CRUISE: Oh, I've been able to find that, most definitely. It's well known that I'm a Scientologist, and that has helped me to find that inner peace in my life. [It’s] something that has given me great stability and tools that I use, and it's also something that's enabled me to help others in a way that I've always wanted to, something substantial. In Scientology, we have study technology that is applied and really enables a person to educate themselves so that they become literate. It rehabilitates educations. We have [programs] that rehabilitate criminals. It’s the most successful drug rehabilitation program in the world that's helped hundreds of thousands of people get off of drugs, live a drug free life, go back to society and actually have happiness and not feel that they have a disease. So, there are a lot of things in my life that have given me that inner peace, most definitely."

No comments: