Sunday, March 27, 2005

Beck has lots to say about Scientology


In a recent interview (mentioned here) musical genius Beck had a lot to say about Scientology:


"It's reinforced certain things that were really constructive and good, Things that were truly important to me in terms of my family, friends, being creatively awake and pushing forward with music. It helps look at these things and strengthens things that are the most important aspects of my life."


And what about his creativity? " ...it definitely reinforces that,"


What does Scientology do for the world? "... in education, helping people with illiteracy, second language students, all that stuff. The drug rehabilitation programmes have the highest success rate of any in the world.


Who are the people in Scientology? "...people who are working really hard to make a difference in a cynical world. It's very grass roots, its not closed off at all, they are so involved with the community. You go there and it's like the city councilmen and people working with charities and that kind of stuff. They are highly involved and recognized in that."


And what should people think about Scientology? "The point is it's important to make your own judgments on your own experience, and not on third or fourth-hand information. But opinion is made in strange ways. I've read horrible things about good friends of mine, or myself. I remember when I came out I read I was the worst thing that ever happened to music. But like anything that's an alternative to the conventional means, it's going to cause controversy."

No comments: