Saturday, May 21, 2011

The end of the world is ... not

Well, 6pm on May the 21st, 2011 has come and gone and we are still here. Just in case the end really was on the way my wife and I had a really good lunch and then went shopping in the afternoon. After all, when you only have a few hours left you have to make the most of it.

But all joking aside, it sort of amazes me that so many people actually want the world to end. Is this world so bad that the apocalypse is to be so desired? I know it's not perfect but whatever the bad conditions, we can do something about it and make some improvement. Personally I enjoy my life, my family, my friends, my possessions, mankind, the birds, the animals, even (some of) the insects. To me the world is what we make it, so if you are dissatisfied, do something about it.

Anyway, just some brief thoughts I wanted to get down now that we know the predictions of the end have turned out to be so wro...

No comments: