Although the tremors have stopped and the Haitian earthquake has become old news to the ever panting media, the actual disaster is still a reality. People still need food, clothing and shelter and with the rainy season on its way the potential for human suffering is still very high.
Luckily, disaster recovery agencies such as the Red Cross and many others have not forgotten about Haiti. One such agency is the Volunteer Ministers of the Church of Scientology.
And, because this is a blog about Scientology, I'm going to highlight some of their work here:
- Scientology Volunteer Ministers in Miami Load Cargo Ship for Haiti
- More from Miami--Loading supplies onto the ship
- Cassandra Hepburn--Back in Haiti
- Local Scientology member forgoes break to assist in Haiti
- Update: Representatives of the Miami Haitian Community Award Scientology Volunteer Ministers for Haiti Disaster Relief Effort
You can keep up to date on developments in Haiti here: Volunteer Ministers' Blog