Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scientology and Politics

With the inauguration of the new President of the United States yesterday, I thought this a good time to address politics.

The Church of Scientology is non-political. It has been a church policy for a very long time to stay out of politics. Very wise I think.

On a personal level, I am an independent. I see good ideas on both sides of the fence (and bad ideas on both sides). I don't see much sense in being obsessive about supporting one side over the other. Running a country isn't a game. The welfare of a great number of people depends on the decisions made by those in power.

A government is there for the benefit of the people of the country, not of a small clique, not of those in power and certainly not of vested interests.

I follow the precept in The Way To Happiness that says: Support a Government designed and run for all the people. Here is a video of that precept:

No comments: