Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scientology and Politics

The Church of Scientology is non-political. The Church's policy is to work with social personalities in the government for the benefit of all. The Church does not get involved with parties or ideologies.

However, as an individual Scientologist, I do have my own opinions and preferences when it comes to politics. I am not affiliated with any party. I am an independent. I personally find party politics abhorrent. Party politics is like a sports event: "my team is perfect and yours sucks" seems to be the general attitude when it comes to the two party system.

My own view is that the left (the Democrats in the US) have some good ideas and the right (the Republicans in the US) have some good ideas and I want to be in a position where I can support the ideas that make sense to me. Hence I am an independent.

One particular politician that I find echoes many of the ideals I hold (the US Constitution, Civil Liberties, etc.) is Ron Paul. After ending his campaign for President, Dr. Paul has announced a new campaign, the Campaign for Liberty. Below is the video he released to announce this.

No comments: