Thursday, March 05, 2009

Question about the Purification Rundown

"C" said: Grahame, I would love to get more actively involved with Scientology but I don't wish to do the Purification Rundown. (I have never taken drugs in my life) Is this a deal-breaker? Is the Purif mandatory?

Hey "C",

Whether you have to do the Purification Rundown or not is between you and the technical expert who determines what spiritual enhancement you need.

However, I think if you fully understood what the Purif is all about you would actually jump at the chance to do it.

I've done it twice now. Once back in the early 1980s and again in the early 2000s. I had no illegal drug history at all and a minimal medical drug history but I personally got huge gains from the Purif both times.

Unfortunately we live in a world filled with toxins. The fumes from cars, the leaded paint on the walls of an old house, the crap they put into drinking water to kill off bugs, the additives in foods, etc., etc. These all take a toll on you and after they are gone you feel so much better.

Clearer headed, more energy, fabulous skin and much more are just a few of the gains I got from the Purif.

So, my advice would be to go to your local Church or Mission of Scientology and talk to someone about it, or buy the book Clear Body, Clear Mind and read for yourself what the Purif is all about.

2 comments:

sop said...

So is it a deal breaker? If you don't do the rundown can you still be a Scientologist?

Grahame said...

The Purif is one of the steps on the road to spiritual freedom. If you need to do it as determined by the technical expert I mentioned in the post, then there is a very good reason for it.

If you don't want to do it after you understand it and why a person might need to do it and it has been determined that you need to do it, then you can still be a Scientologist, you just would not be able to do any of the spiritual counseling actions that require the Purif as a prerequisite.