Thursday, February 11, 2010

Scientology: If you have a holy book, are members encouraged to read it? If so, how often? How do you use this holy book in your life?

Steph asked: If you have a holy book, are members encouraged to read it? If so, how often? How do you use this holy book in your life?

We have a lot of books: Scientology Basic Books. We are definitely encouraged to read them and understand them. There are courses available for every book. Scientologists are encouraged to take those courses and then use those books in their lives. There is no particular requirement to read them often, just to get through the courses so you understand them and can use them in life.

I use the books in most parts of my life. For example: I use the "conditions formulas" from "Introduction to Scientology Ethics" a great deal. Everything is in some sort of condition and these formulas can be applied to improve the condition. So, for example, I wanted to lose weight, so I started on a really grate program (Eat to Live). When my weight went down a little (what I wanted) then I applied the "Normal" formula, when it went up a little (not what I wanted) then I applied the "Emergency" formula. I have now lost 40 lbs and am back at the weight I was in my early 20s :)

Another example is when my wife had a major operation and was in great pain. I gave her Scientology Assists (a form of auditing directed at helping a person recover from physical problems: Scientology Assist ). After a few hours of assists she was able to come off heavy pain killers and next day was able to come off all pain killers.

.

No comments: