Sunday, February 14, 2010

Scientology: Is it important that you marry someone of this religion? Why or why not?

Steph asked: Is it important that you marry someone of this religion? Why or why not?

That's a really good question to answer on Valentines Day :)

There is no requirement from the Church or from any teachings in Scientology. The Church does not interfere in its members' personal lives.

Personally, when I was single, I found it easier to date Scientologists because of the shared reality about life and personal goals. I'm sure members of other religions would probably say the same about dating people in their own faith. But that's just a personal observation.

I have a good friend whose husband is not a Scientologist. He's a great guy and it's not a problem.

I know people who are Scientologists and they date non-Scientologists. It's really just personal preference.

.

No comments: