Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Scientology: What do you think of people who are apathetic about religion and ethical values?

Steph asked: What do you think of people who are apathetic about religion and ethical values?

Peoples' attitude to religion is their own choice. No one can successfully enforce a belief system on another. Even if extreme duress is used and the victim says they believe, they don't really. I think it is important for a person to have some religious belief, even if it is different to my own, but other than that I think it is up to them.

In Scientology, ethics is defined as the actions one takes towards survival. For example: if one takes harmful drugs then that is unethical because it harms ones survival. So if a person is apathetic about ethical values then they are apathetic about living and won't survive well or for very long. I guess a quick answer to your question is that I think they need help.

.

No comments: