Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Truth about Psychotropic Drugs


There is a new video on psychotropic drugs, such as antidepressants, the effects they have and the huge profits they make for the psychiatric and pharmaceutical industry.

The video features interviews with psychiatrists, psychologists, medical doctors, former drug sales reps and others. The truth about these drugs is exposed.

If you know someone on these drugs or who is thinking of starting on these drugs then please have them watch this video.

Watch every chapter, especially the last couple which tell you what you can do about it.

Making A Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging

2 comments:

TNN Community News said...

Thanks for sharing this.

I took Effexor for a year or so (I honestly can't remember the exact length of time), and then had to take Prozac (I'll explain in a moment) for another few months.

Getting off Effexor was the worst experience in my life. Within 24 hours of stopping use, my blood pressure would uncontrollably rise causing vertigo and a complete inability to function. During this time, I first discovered Scientology and by applying L Ron Hubbard's philosophy I was able to accomplish many things.

With the help of a local Org, I got advice from a doctor and switched SSRIs fro(m Effexor to Prozac, at a much lesser dose) and eventually ended my use of the drugs all together. Ultimately, I decided not to follow through with joining the Church of Scientology, but I feel without their assistance I would still be battling the drugs.

Today, I've lost well over 120 pounds, am happier than I have ever been, and still advise people I know to look towards "The Road to Happiness" and exercise and vitamins, rather than SSRIs.

If you are considering SSRIs, know that they will not change the problems in your life - you must work towards happiness. They will put you in a haze and you quite likely will have your own side effects from them; they will not make you happy.

Grahame said...

Hey Joe,

Thanks for sharing that. People need to know the truth about these drugs.

If anyone wants to find out for themselves just go to Google and do a search on "ssri side effects" or some similar search and you will find tons of information on the damaging effects of these drugs.